Support Our Election Day
This is it! Keep Sydney Open is now a political party and we need YOU to help support our Election Day at the NSW State Election on March 23rd, so that we can get into Parliament and take the fight to this Nanny State Government.
Help us to get there – opportunities like this come around only once every 4 years. Election Day is only 2 weeks away.
As a grassroots movement we are up against some big parties and even bigger money – see the table below. Your donation will help even the playing field and ensure Keep Sydney Open has a real shot at implementing smarter policy and changing the face of NSW politics.
We are no longer asking the government for change. The moment is here for us to stand up and make the change that we all want to see.
We are asking our supporters for $100,000 in total to fund our Election Day. By giving even just $25 you will help fund:
- Flyers so that people know who we are and what we are about.
- Signs to make sure we are seen all over Sydney.
- How-to-Vote cards to help people Vote 1 Keep Sydney Open.
- Shirts to dress our fabulous volunteers
- Adsvertisements in major media to spread our message.
- Research and policy development to help make our case for change.
- Candidate & Election Day costs to ensure we run a slick campaign.
Thank you for your support.
Together we can Keep Sydney Open!
Note: Under NSW Electoral Law.
- An individual must be on the Australian Electoral Roll to make a donation to the Keep Sydney Open Party.
- A business must have an Australian ABN or ACN to donate.
- Donations are tax deductible for individuals (up to $1500).
- Donations are capped at $2800 per financial year.
Donations $999 and under per year are not publicly disclosed on the NSWEC website.
In NSW, certain entities and people are prohibited from making political donations. These are property developers; tobacco, liquor or gambling industry business entities, any industry representative organisation if the majority of its members are prohibited donors and close associates of prohibited donors. This essentially means that if your business is 'mainly concerned' with making money in any of these areas, you are forbiden to donate to any political party.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you wish to donate but are not sure about any of the above; we can walk you through the legislation to ensure that you comply with the law. See here for more details.